Have you smelt gas in your home?
In a gas emergency act quickly and calmly and take the following safety steps:
- Get fresh air immediately. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
- Switch off the appliance and do not use it again until it has been checked by our Gas Safe registered engineer
- Turn off the gas supply at the mains (normally outside your home).
- Call the National Gas Emergency number 0800 111 999
- If you are feeling ill visit your GP or the hospital immediately and tell them that your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning
- Call us on 01353 862315 to arrange for our engineer to check and fix the appliance.
Handy downloadable poster
Why not download our handy “What to do if you smell Gas” poster – it’s great for you to put up in your offices, factories, warehouses, and shops. We’ve even left a space for you to insert your internal emergency contact details.