Who we are:
Clarity Homes Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘Clarity Heating’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data rights.
Clarity Homes Limited’s registered office is at Ile Farmhouse 5 Black Bank Road, Little Downham, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 2TZ and we are a Company registered in England and Wales under company number 06847406. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers (registration number Z2854762).
Changes to the privacy notice
We may update our privacy notice to ensure that we are keeping in line with the data protection legislation. We shall of course notify you if any changes are made.
Information we collect and process
Clarity Heating processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our domestic and commercial heating services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you is: –
- Full name
- Your contact information such as your home address, email address and telephone number(s);
How we collect your personal data
This may be collected via the following means:
- Directly from you in person or by telephone, fax, email or other forms of electronic communication. In this respect, we may monitor, record and store any such communication;
- Through any other websites
- When you fill out an online form on the website; and
- Via cookies when you visit the website, data is collected automatically and in line with your cookie settings in your browser. Please review our cookies policy on this website.
What do we use your personal data for?
Clarity Heating takes your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. If you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- Establishing a business relationship with you in order to provide our services and products;
- Managing the services we provide to you;
- Internal record keeping – we may use the information to improve our products and services.
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal information?
- We collect your personal data with relation to the performance of a contract to provide you with the services you require.
- To comply with our legal obligations to enable us to make decisions about you and any related person for fraud prevention and anti-money laundering purposes.
Here is a list of the rights that you have under the data protection legislation:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request. This is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Clarity Heating may use a third party to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
In order to competently provide our services to you, we may provide your data to the following third parties:
- Our agents and service provider intermediaries;
- Professional consultants to obtain specific advice on areas of expertise which concern your business;
- Third parties who assist us in conducting background checks;
- Fraud prevention agencies;
- Our data storage and data disposal providers.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
No. However if in the future we need to transfer your personal data to third parties which are located outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose set out in this policy rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- The country that we send the personal data to is approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data and the rights of a data subject;
- The transfer is to a recipient in the United States of America who has registered under the EU/US Privacy Shield;
- You have explicitly consented to the transfer; or
- The recipient has entered into European Commission standard contractual clauses with us.
Clarity Heating takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
- We store your personal data on secure servers;
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology;
- Physical security of premises, e.g. locked office;
- Confidential documents kept in locked cabinets;
- Reduced access privileges to only those needed;
- Access granted to only such personnel who need to have access in connection with their duties; and
- We dispose of confidential documents using a cross cut shredder.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Clarity Heating however, we may be unable to provide with our services without it. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we shall make this clear.
How Long We Keep Your Data For
Clarity Heating only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Retention periods are in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
Clarity Heating only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
Our contact details
If you have any questions regarding the information provided in this policy, please contact us using the following:
5 Black Bank Road