Clarity Heating are qualified to undertake gas safety checks on your appliances. An appliance gas safety check is carried out to ensure that appliances in your home or office are safe.
On completion of the gas safety check and providing the appliances have passed our tests a gas safety certificate, also known as a gas service certificate, is issued to you.
The certificate tells you that the appliance checked is safe to use and any relevant information is added to the paperwork before we leave. If it’s not safe, we’ll advise on what needs to be done before we can issue the certificate.
If you are looking for information on looking after your boiler, rather than a gas appliance such as a cooker or fire – you may be interested learning about annual boiler services and the types of boilers we can work with. Our engineers are also specialists at servicing and checking gas pipework in other types of buildings too – such as large country estates, period properties and community buildings (including churches, schools and village halls).
Why you might want an appliance gas check
You may feel you’d like to have an appliance gas check if:
- your gas appliance or appliances (including gas cookers, fires etc) are old and you need reassurance they are still safe to use.
- you have moved into a property with a gas appliance or appliances, and you’d like to have them tested before you use them.
- you are selling your home and a gas safety certificate for your appliances (as well as a boiler) has been requested by the purchaser’s solicitors.
- you are responsible for the health and wellbeing of a group of people whether they be employees, volunteers or a community group – which regularly meets in a hall, community venue or personal residence.
- you are a landlord and would like to have an appliance gas safety check carried out on appliances (you own) in your let property/properties for added peace of mind.
- you have arranged an annual boiler service (either domestic or commercial) and you’d like our engineer to check the gas appliances at the same time.
How long does it take to carry out the necessary safety checks?
On average our heating engineer will only need one hour at your property or premises – but this may vary depending on the number and type of appliances and/or pipes we may be checking.
During our visit we will need access to the appliance(s) in question and the gas meter. We will essentially be checking your appliance is working correctly and there are no gas leaks. In summary that the appliance, or appliances, are safe to continue using.
How much will it cost to have an appliance gas safety check?
This price will vary depending on how many and what type of appliances (and pipes) we are checking, and whether you have decided to add the check onto an annual boiler service visit.
Appliance gas safety check from £80.00
Gas boiler service plus appliance gas check* from £98.00
*Remember that on the completion of your appliance gas safety check our engineer will issue you with a gas safety certificate – providing the appliance or appliances have passed our tests and are safe to use. You should keep this certificate somewhere safe.
Gas safety: It’s better to be safe than sorry
Although as a homeowner, tenant or business you do not have to have gas appliances checked by law – you may not know if everything is working correctly and burning the right amount of gas. A gas safety check is not terribly expensive when compared to the devastation caused by an explosion in your home or premises which was caused by a faulty appliance or leaking gas pipes.
If you would like to book an appliance gas safety check, or add a safety check for an appliance or appliances to a boiler service, with Clarity Heating please contact us via our booking form, or by calling us on 01353 862315.
We’ve got lots of useful information on our website, here are just some of the pages you might be interested in:
What to do if you smell gas
Don’t panic. We’ve got some useful advice on what to do next.
Landlords gas safety certificates
If you are a landlord and you are looking for a competent business to help ensure you are meeting your responsibilities, look no further than Clarity Heating.
Spreading the costs with HeatCare
With HeatCare you can plan ahead for everything from the next boiler service, to knowing you’ll be looked after if either your boiler and controls or something in your heating system goes wrong.